jsHybugger 2.0 (coming soon)
- DOM/CSS Inspection
jsHybugger 1.2 Features
- View/Edit/Delete Local Storage
- View/Edit/Delete Session Storage
- View/Edit/Delete WebSQL Database
- View page resources (images, scripts, html)
- line / conditional breakpoints
- watch expressions
- step into/over/out
- continue to here
- break on exception
- call stack navigation
- local variable inspection
- remote console logging
Download JAR library 1.2.2
jsHybugger Debugger App
Just install the app and start debugging – no code changes needed to use jsHybugger with your web pages!
How does it work?
Example Android App
You can build the example using maven or you can just download the example APK and start debugging (skip next lines and continue reading with “Connect chrome browser to mobile device”).
Go to jsHybugger/examples/webview and enter the following commands (see Maven-Build section for more info)
mvn clean install # install APK file on device and start it mvn android:deploy android:run
Connect chrome browser to mobile device
- use ADB tool and forward TCP port:
adb forward tcp:8888 tcp:8888 chrome browser: http://localhost:8888
- directly connect to your smartphones IP address
chrome browser: http://<phone ip>:8888
Integrate jsHybugger into your app
- Add jshybugger-bundle/target/jshybugger-bundle-1.2.2.jar (download) file to your libs directory
- enhance AndroidManifest.xml
<!-- JsHybugger needs network access --> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" /> <!-- jsHybugger webview content provider --> <provider android:name="org.jshybugger.DebugContentProvider" android:exported="false" android:authorities="jsHybugger.org" /> <!-- jsHybugger debug service --> <service android:name="org.jshybugger.DebugService" android:exported="false" android:enabled="true"/>
- Connect WebView with Debugging-Service and prefix the url with content://jsHybugger.org/
// attach web view to debugging service DebugServiceClient.attachWebView(webView, this); webView.loadUrl("content://jsHybugger.org/file:///android_asset/www/index.html");
- Ready to launch your app on the phone!
- Start debugging frontend (Chrome Browser) – see section “Connect chrome browser to mobile device”
- Make sure that the ANDROID_HOME environment variable is set and refers to your SDK installation.
- Build the complete system with the following command: mvn clean install